Thursday, August 27, 2015

A Step in the Right Direction

Today I drove over to St. Marks Hospital to drop off chemo scarves. Something about today's visit was different than other times I've gone there. Usually I'm assaulted with anxiety and memories. Today I felt none of that. I was happy to be there and felt like I was there with a purpose! It was an amazing thing to experience. My drive home took me past my chemo center. Again, there are a lot of memories and raw emotions associated with this place, but not today. I was surprised  at the peace I felt as I drove by. Maybe in some small way I am accepting what I've gone through and who I have become...or maybe this chemo scarf project is helping me to heal mentally and emotionally. Whatever the reason for today's experience, I'm grateful for the step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment