Friday, August 22, 2014

New doctor AND a new hospital?! Ugh!


These past few weeks I've learned my insurance didn't cover my plastic surgeon. There are NO plastic surgeon's at St. Marks that take my insurance! After talking with an upper management at my Insurance they thought they could work out a one time contract with the plastic surgeon that I wanted, however, I received word yesterday that they did NOT want to pursue the one time contract as there are other doctors at the University hospital that I could choose from. I kind of thought this may happen so I've spent time this week looking into the surgeons and plastic surgeons at the U. I had one doc recommended to me that does plastic surgery. I talked to ladies in my support group and several of them had him as their doc and they loved him. The good new is, he takes my insurance! Of the 3 surgeons he works with only 1 of them takes my insurance. I've made appointments with both docs for this next week. If all goes like I'd like, I should have a surgery date set by the end of the week, but if I had to guess, I'd say surgery most likely will happen the week of September 15th.
So with the new doctors comes a change of hospital. I'm not too excited to go to the U, but hopefully as the surgery date gets closer I can have a change of heart and attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment