Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Reconstruction Take 2!


My appointment was at 8am. The traffic was light on the roads so were able to be a few extra minutes early. I didn't have to wait very long to be taken back and prepped for surgery. The nurse were so good at getting my IV started.


Dr. J is one cool guy! And he's super good at what he does! I brought about 20 drain bags for him to give to other breast cancer surgery patients. He was impressed. He wanted to know how much they cost, and I loved telling him they were free. I went on to explain about my chemo scarf project and that the left over fabric was used to make the drain bags. At this point he sat down on a chair and wanted to know more about my project. He wants to be involved in what I'm doing. In one of the upcoming months he wants to spotlight me on his website/FB page. I'm supposed to call and talk to his nurse advocate and discuss how their office can help me with getting the fabric/ supplies I need. This was really exciting for me! I love watching how this whole project keeps coming together!

My good friend from my support group stopped by the surgical center to chat with my husband, dad and myself. It was fun having her there. It wasn't that long ago that she had her final surgery. She stayed out in the waiting area with my Dad and husband while I was in surgery. She was by my side when I woke up from surgery. She is pretty amazing. I'm so glad she could be one of my cheerleaders yesterday.

And then there's my husband. What an amazing man he is! He was always at my side supporting me and loving me. I love that our relationship has grown stronger during this whole experience. I am also blessed with a Dad who is kind and compassionate. He has been a great strength to me as well.


So far this surgery has been easier than the first one. Yesterday I slept for most of the day and didn't have much pain. This morning I felt really lousy, and was quite loopy from my pain meds. My vision has been blury, but that's because of the squalamine patch behind my ear. My liposuction spots on my tummy hurt the most. My breast are tender and sore because he had to do some cosmetic fixing, but mostly my breast are completely numb. In just a few short weeks I will not be so sore and will start to feel more normal. And as soon as I'm feeling good I'm going to hit my chemo scarf sewing!


To each one of you, THANK YOU for all the love, service and prayers on my behalf!

No comments:

Post a Comment