Thursday, April 17, 2014

Side Effects and My First Chemo Scarves!


Two of the side effects I was told would happen have started to happen. Menopause and my hair falling out. The menopause may just be temporary while I'm going through chemo, or could be here to stay. Either way I feel too young to be dealing with this. There is a chance that my body will remember I'm young and I'll get my periods back some time next year, which means I'll get to experience going through menopause twice.
The hair loss? While it's not coming out in huge chunks it is coming out! Every time I touch my head. I sweep the bathroom every morning after I'm done getting ready. And the bathroom sink is covered with hair. At this rate maybe I won't need to shave my head until next week. However it starts coming out in bigger chunks I'll shave it sooner.  I thought I had prepared myself emotionally for this, but I'm finding myself a little emotional. Not to the point of needing to cry, but I feel unsettled.
I went and bought fabric today with my daughter to make a couple chemo scarves. I hope they turn out cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment