Friday, September 26, 2014

The pathology report!


I can hardly contain my emotions! To say I am happy is an understatement! I am overjoyed! And I'm a blubbering baby! All for a good reason!
I got the phone call just a short time ago that my path report was complete. The results are that there are NO residual cancer cells AT ALL! ANYWHERE! They were able to locate the fibrous tumor bed on the left side and found no live cells. In total I had 11 lymph nodes removed, and of those, 5 showed signs of treatment effect, which means that at some time they were probably positive with cancer. But now? There was no live cancer cells there either! They found a fibrous adenoma in the left breast that was NOT cancerous, and a fibrous adenoma in the right breast (that we already knew about).
My cancer treatment will not change. I will finish healing from surgery, have my tissue expanders expanded and have radiation. Once radiation is complete I will start taking tomoxifen, and will take that every day for the next 5 years.

Was going through all this hell worth it? YOU BET IT WAS!!

Thanks for traveling this journey with me! Thank you for loving me and carrying me through my hard days!
I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment