Thursday, March 20, 2014

The diagnosis

My husband and I went and met with the radiologist today and it was confirmed that in all 3 area’s from my biopsy I have cancer. I have what’s called invasive ductal carcinoma. This is the most common type of breast cancer and is curable. What we know so far and what’s up next… The cancer is classified as grade 3, which means its fast growing. This type of cancer reacts well to chemotherapy. We know that cancer is in the breast and the lymph node in my armpit. Tomorrow I will have an MRI to see if it has spread to any of the other lymphatic system, by Monday we will know. We will be meet with the group of Dr’s that will be taking care of me during this process on Wednesday morning next week. Things will be moving fast, a lot will be going on, please be patient if I don’t respond to your texts/ calls or whatever, I need time to process this and reflect on my strength. I know I can beat this, I do however have fears about certain things that will happen. This is normal. At some point in the near future I will find someone to help disseminate information out so I can focus on my healing and my family.
I know you will want to know what you can do for me, the best answer I have right now is to pray and fast for me. I will need help down the road and I’ll do my best to ask for what I need.
Heavenly Father loves me. I know this. This is something that will help me grow spiritually but I will rely on your faith at times.
Once chemo starts I will have treatments every 3 weeks for 4 months. I was told I will have a few rough days but that I will also have really good days. I will loose my hair, but lets face it,I can really rock this short hair thing, and hopefully the no hair look too.

In case I don’t say it later, I just want to thank you in advance for your love, support and prayer on my and my families behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment