Friday, October 9, 2015

My Chemo Scarf Guinea Pig, Megdalyn

At the beginning of the year when I started sewing chemo scarves I thought I'd only be making enough to take to my last treatment. I never would have thought that my scarf project could lead me to new friendships. After my dream of having my scarf project go to all 50 states I decided to offer scarves to women in my support group. Megdalynn had just recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and was excited for a cute scarf! I'll never forget my emails with this beautiful lady; I could tell she was one strong person! This first mailing was the greatest rush! And each scarf I've shared since has just added to my bucket of greatest experiences! Thanks Megdalynn for being my guinea pig and most importantly showing me that my project can offer hope and encouragement!

Here is an excerpt from the 'Thank You' note she sent me:
'Your head scarf came so fast! It is fun and lively, and I'm honored to wear it...
Gifts like this scarf are a true blessing! God bless, and much love.' -Megdalynn

May 2015
My first time meeting Megdalynn in person! I love her happy, smiling, cheerful face!



 October 2015
Reconnecting with Megdalynn at a Breast Cancer luncheon. 
Doesn't she look fabulous?! Just look at all her short curly brown hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment