Monday, September 14, 2015

7 down, 43 to go!

This morning when I woke up I knew I had some things to finish up so I could get my shipments of scarves out, but I also knew that if I started working on my scarf project I wouldn't stop long enough to take care of my household chores and mowing the lawn. So I made this deal with myself (I do that quite often, and it works) that if I could get the lawn mowed then I could sit and sew my little heart out! I think I got the mowing done in record time.

One of the things I've spent the most time on over the weekend was ironing the labels on the scarves. Apparently there is a learning curve to this. I'm still trying to figure out how long to hold the iron on the label. Each fabric is a little different and it isn't the same length of time for each scarf. I've re-ironed so many of the labels because the labels weren't sticking on good enough. Unfortunately, I spent so much time on the labels issue that I didn't get all my scarves sewn that I wanted done for shipping today. This morning I finished up the remaining 15 scarves I needed for today's shipments and got everything all packaged up!

10 scarves per package!


7 packages going for a ride to the Post Office!


Watch this video clip to see which states packages were shipped!

Vermont, Maine, Ohio, Nebraska, Kentucky, Colorado...and Pennsylvania.

Tomorrow I'll be mailing a package to Arizona and then I'll be all out of completed scarves, so it'll be time to start this process over again. Cut out, iron, sew, iron, sew, iron, sew. Have I told you lately how much I love this project?


A big thank you to all those who believe in my dream and are helping me fulfill it! Do you want to do something to help? I am always excepting donations; just click on the 'Donate Now' tab on my blog page or Facebook page. I am also interested in having people sew for me. Please send me an email if you are interested. ckscarves@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment