Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Nevada! Michigan! Washington! Shipped.

This past week has been pretty productive. I was able to sew 40 scarves and I gave 20 scarves to a friend to sew for me. Not bad! So with 40 scarves complete, it's time to do some more shipping!


Nevada! This one's for you!
It'll be delivered TOMORROW!


I feel pretty lucky to have such pretty AND talented daughters. Check out this video to see my daughters awesome dance moves! Ha ha! Those dance lessons when she was 5 paid off!!
 Michigan and Washington, these are your scarves!



Now for a fun story. 

Last week when I did my big mailing of 7 states I was a little unorganized and there was some confusion with the postal worker. After she had scanned each package into her system and put the postage on them I asked her if I could have the packages back so I could take video of me putting them in the mail slot. She looked at me like I was crazy. She thought it was funny that I wanted to take video of packages being put in the mail. I was told she could not give them to me as it was against there protocol. Her supervisor came out and overheard our conversation and he teased me about what I was asking for. He eventually told the lady SHE could carry 2 of the packages with me to the mail slot, but I was only to pretend to put them in the mail slot. After the video was taken she took the packages back and began asking me questions about what where in these packages and why was I doing what I was doing. She seemed impressed, wished me luck with my project and quickly went back to work.
Today when I went to the post office my daughters and I were smart and took our video BEFORE paying for postage so we didn't have to go through that fiasco with the postal workers again. When it was our turn to pay for postage the lady from last week recognized me and asked how my project was going and how many states had I mailed. She asked if the next time I came if I would bring a picture of my scarves so she could see them. I told her I had some pictures on my phone and when she was done helping another customer she came and took a look at my pictures. 
She then told me this story:
When she was 15 her Mom died from cancer. She remembers vividly her Mom being bald. She remembers her Mom wearing bandanna's to cover her head. She was quite touched by my project and thanked me for what I was doing. She said that what I was doing would be a big deal for women who were bald. 
I agree!

I love hearing peoples stories, don't you? And today I was pleasantly surprised to hear that story from the worker at the post office.

No comments:

Post a Comment